The Showrunner behind multiple top-ranking podcasts and Vice President of Marketing for the Rainmaker.FM podcast network, Jerod Morris, paid The Writer Files host Kelton Reid a visit this week to talk about his beginnings as a writer, podcaster, and digital marketer.
Mr. Morris started out online as a sports blogger and became the editor of a high-traffic blog that was tapped by Fox Sports.
His blogging has led to quite a few opportunities for the writer, including:
- Co-founding a WordPress hosting company
- Leading the editorial team for Copyblogger.com
- Launching and co-hosting multiple top-ranked podcasts
- Becoming the VP of Marketing for the Rainmaker.FM podcast network — to name only a few
On the eve of the launch of his new Showrunner Podcasting Course, Kelton and Jerod had a chance to talk shop.
In this file, Kelton Reid and Jerod Morris discuss:
- How sports blogging led to a host of opportunities
- A simple writing hack for email marketers
- Why writing makes you a better podcaster
- How scheduling greatly increases your productivity
- Why writers need to embrace their imperfections
- How to infuse everything you do with creativity
- Some very wise words from Teddy Roosevelt
The Writer Files on iTunes