You’d expect a guy who’s started five multi-million dollar businesses from scratch to know a thing about marketing that works. And then, of course, he’d write the book on it.
In this case, the guy is Jay Baer, and the book is Youtility, a guide so useful for effective marketing it’s becoming a franchise unto itself. In his spare time, Jay is a highly sought-after keynote speaker, podcaster, angel investor, new media personality, and restless entrepreneur who can’t help but add just one more project to his portfolio.
I asked Jay to be the first in a series of Rainmaker.FM interviews that illuminate the path of content marketing into the future. You’ll notice some common themes that turn up time and again among those who have already successfully built audiences, and Mr. Baer sets the stage perfectly.
In this 33-minute episode Jay Baer and I discuss:
- Jay’s path to a bestselling business book
- Why podcasting could be the future of content
- The wonders of “Geographically Agnostic” businesses
- The strategic basis of my entire career
- How startups can profit from the concept of Youtility
- Why Jay doesn’t write as much as he used to
- How to turn one piece of content into seven
- The long bet that Jay is making on podcasting
Or, grab it in iTunes.