Headline writing is probably the first and most important skill you need to learn as a web writer.
John Caples called it the most important part of an advertisement. That’s why he dedicates four out of 18 chapters to headline writing in his book Tested Advertising Methods.
And you can sum up those four chapters in one hyphenated word.
In this 11-minute episode of Rough Draft with Demian Farnworth, you’ll discover:
- What that hyphenated word is
- A simple process for writing headlines that get results
- The most successful headline ever written for college men
- A sleazy tactic (you should avoid) that drives readers away
- Why list headlines will always work (even if you hate them)
- Two ways to add urgency to your headlines
Rough Draft on iTunes