Great content and copywriting builds emotional resonance. But how does that happen? And do you need to be a “genius” writer to create it?
Handling emotion in your writing is a favorite topic of many writers — from novelists to copywriters and including those who write content for the web.
But sometimes we mistake professionalism for whitewashing, and we miss out on using a full range of emotions to create content worth reading and sharing.
Confessions of a Pink-Haired Marketer host Sonia Simone recently saw the wonderful movie Inside Out, and it sparked some thoughts about how professional writers bring emotion to their work.
In this 20-minute episode of Confessions of a Pink-Haired Marketer, host Sonia Simone talks about:
- When too much joy gets annoying
- Why sadness, not joy, is the “marketing expert”
- Managing fear: the timeless watchman
- Anger: dangerous but useful
- Disgust: the surprising “ringer” that can make content work
Confessions of a Pink-Haired Marketer on iTunes